Yeah. Not Looking Forward to the Day
I think I'll be ok by lunch time. Yeah, yeah, meeting with the artist formerly known as the stomper this morning. Let this be painless and let me not get mad at her not listening to me when I answer her questions.
I really tried. I really tried to understand and show grace to the stomper. Funny thing is that I'm the last person who trusted the stomper. I showed a lot of grace. I think it's because we were at the same level initially. Sometimes when a person rises above that level, they really do think they're above you.
Years ago, one of our law clerks came back to work with us as an attorney. I was excited to see her because we were friendly and I went to her going away lunch. Initially she was really decent to me. Later? She was rude and really didn't want to people in my position. I heard her make a comment to her assistant about how touchy we all are. I thought don't speak for me. I saw her on more the one occasion where she would actually run when she spotted me. Really. I'm not going to ask you to lunch, ma'am. She just became an unpleasant woman over the years and I didn't realize it. She was no longer the sweet law student. She was a bitch. She worked with Irma and they would go get massages or their eyebrows waxed before a trial. That is some stupid stuff. That made me laugh when I heard that. How childish. I wasn't shocked when she left. I saw her Linkedin picture for her new job. First time I saw her smile in years. She always had that constipated angry look on her face. Maybe she got some of that yogurt that Jaimie Lee Curtis was selling.
It's weird to figure out who you can trust when you're not in an office and you can see them everyday. You don't see someone sitting in a person's office anymore. You used to be able to have an idea of who you can trust by the people and conversations you would accidentally overhear. I'm glad I don't hear those conversations. I suspected the Stomper and the Lurker talked about me as well as others. I think the vaper was right. There was a plan going on to push me out of an area that I was in at one point. How did that work out? That area now has the diva. Oh well.
Glad my cousin is feeling better so I don't feel too guilty about feeling annoyed. This really isn't her fault. Some things set a nerve with me because of someone else, if that makes sense. My mom informed me that my cousin told me that Mandela Barnes or David Crawley can win for governor because they're black and the people in northern Wisconsin are racist. Sigh. I kind of snapped and said one city doesn't make up northern Wisconsin. I get it. I get the point. I also took offense from someone who doesn't vote. Then again, not my cousin's fault. I was having a ticked off moment.
I used to get negative messages from Harold about the state of Wisconsin. He thought that he was a great strategist like James Carville. He was a telemarketer. I remember seeing a message from him telling I'm so sorry to tell you but Wisconsin is rigged. Scott Walker will win the election back in 2014. He was right. Listening to Ben Wikler's book, I know how screwed up things were here for awhile thanks to Walker and the Republicans. I think I'm more of a Ben Wikler with my mindset of, We can fix this! We can make this good! So yeah, I'm not a fan of naysayers. I just want the primary winner to beat Tom Tiffany. He or she has my vote.
I'm just glad I can go walking again tonight. I hope we don't have much more of sticky or hazardous weather the rest of the summer. I know we'll have some hot days but let them be far and few from now until fall.
I guess I should start my day. I don't want to start my day. I guess I should damn it.
I hope the good humans have a good day.
Comments
Post a Comment