Promise Me
I did my walk in the afternoon. I drove to where I do my walk near Lake Michigan and I forgot something was going on when I saw that traffic was a lot. It was some type of air show that's going on today as well. I found a spot to park and I walked for about an hour. I saw a lot of people walking who would say hello to me and I did the same with a smile. People were friendly and excited. I watched a little bit of it when I got to the point where I could see. There was some helicopter hanging over the water. I could definitely hear airplanes going when I continued walking. I didn't do the hill for obvious reasons. Plenty of people parked with their chairs, food trucks, all type of things going on. I did my walk and left.
I noticed that Brady Street was closed off as well when I took city streets home. I forgot that it was probably Brady Street days. I think there was a bike race going on in Riverwest. Lots of things going on in Milwaukee. It was nice to see. Times like this make the lonely feelings grow stronger. Do I want to go on a bike race? Not really. I'd suck at that. Would I want to go to Brady Street days? Possibly but it sounds like it could get too crowded. Would I want to watch the air show? Maybe. It would involve my favorite thing - sitting. I wouldn't want to do it by myself. Do I have anyone to do these things with? No. Sigh. I don't regret going out at a later time. It's just a bad moment. That's all.
This part will make me sound like a 10 year old writing to Santa Claus. I mailed a letter yesterday to President Biden. Yeah. You heard me right. I wrote a letter to Uncle Joe. It was about a 2 page letter I did this week. I said I wanted to write one after he stepped out of the 2024 race, but well, time flew and I just didn't.
It was Don Lemon's interview with Hunter Biden that prompted me to finally take action. He asked how his dad was doing and there was some hesitancy with Hunter that made me wonder. No, I don't think Joe is gravely ill. I think he knows the reality that his dad won't be here forever. I thought it was so incredibly kind that Joe reached out to Don Lemon in 2018 after his sister died and talked to him about 45 minutes. Joe makes time for people. I think that's so rare with people.
I thanked him for his presidency and that he made a difference in my life. He reminded me not to lose faith in people and that are some good people out there. I just don't know where to find them. I said I would happily buy his book when it came out in November. I just thanked him. It sounds so silly and little kidish on my part but I wanted to do it and I finally mailed the letter.
I never got to tell my own dad, ok, step-dad that I loved him before he died. I think this is a closure moment for me if you want to look at it that way.
I know there will be a day and I really hope it's not anytime in the near future that I'll get a news alert that will break my heart and make me cry. I don't want that day to happen anytime soon but I know the deal with cancer. I know it's a mean mother effer.
As someone on Threads pointed out, they hoped that Joe lived long enough not to go someone's funeral. I won't say the name, but we all know who that was referencing.
I hope that's a promise Joe can fulfill for all of us though. Promise us, President Biden.
Comments
Post a Comment