A Hot Day in Whitefish Bay
I didn't realize we were under a heat advisory today. I thought it was for tomorrow. My mistake. No wonder I felt like my clothes melted onto me this morning.
I wanted to go back to the pet store in Glendale this morning and I didn't realize it didn't open until 10 so I walked down Silver Spring Drive on the mean streets of Whitefish Bay. It was kind of quaint and really humid. I was just looking at the businesses they had. I looked up the nail place they had on my phone. Too pricey. I appreciated the bench I could sit down on and look for a moment. Glad when I got home and hopefully my choice of dry food for the Queen will be sufficient.
Well boo! I have to work a full week. And the next couple of weeks. Considering the weather today, I think I'm really ok with being indoors until this crap ends. I even pulled the curtain in my room to keep the heat out because I think the central air is working overtime. This sucks.
My mom is on the phone with my cousin talking about how fat they are. Hold my beer and I'll top you. I have told my mom to shut about the weight talk. She is doing a lot better than I am and is significantly smaller. I get the you should eat this or that talk after they have a conversation. I just can't. I just want to lose. I don't want to talk about it or I'll punch a wall. Neither my mom nor my cousin are at a bad weight.
It's like I keep telling my mom you kind of don't get my frustration of where this stemmed from. Being put on these damn pills to keep cancer away just put me in this stalled position for years where I had to fight constantly to keep my weight from exploding. Kind of didn't do a great job at it and I thought maybe it'd get easier when I went off. Nope. Nope. Really sucks. I didn't think it would magically fall off and it didn't help when it got mentioned about others losing right away. Well. Not me. I always got to be the damn exception, don't I?
I know when I went for walks this past week, I wasn't too thrilled seeing my reflection. I get it. It doesn't change who I am. I'm not looking to be that perfect size. I'm just looking to feel healthier physically, emotionally and mentally. I try to refrain from the negative talk but I know I slip. I'm trying.
I was wishing someone would get massive diarrhea from taking ozempic. Yeah. Cassie. I know. Shame on me. Don't be a hater. I know she didn't lose that weight from working out. Kind of irks me when someone takes the easy way out. She's got a raisin vibe so I have to remind myself that there's a tradeoff.
I got watermelon, strawberries, cucumbers, some vegetable dinners in the freezer so there's that. I'm refraining from the lettuce for now. I know strawberries can be a risk but I don't feel as uneasy as I do about lettuce. What a mess that situation is.
My mom is telling my cousin I bring my water up a few bottles of time. No, I don't. I got to laugh at it. I did last night because I tried to get the 24 pack out and the plastic ripped. I do bring the pack up but not when we have the groceries. I generally go out the next day and get it during the workday.
Oh, I dread the week, maybe Tuesday. I have about 3 meetings but the first one is the one that will be tough. Hopefully I'm free of the stomper. I don't think this is someone who should be in a position to lead others. I didn't realize it until this change happened. I had a lot of frustrating moments but I thought well, it could be worse.
On the flip side, it can be better. I'd kind of like things to be better. That's not a lot to ask.
Comments
Post a Comment