Part of the Gang

 I made it another six months with the dentist.  After he said Good for now and we won't do anything, it took me a moment to wonder What did you mean?  Well.  I'll find out six months from now.  It's a little nerve wracking going to someone new.  I don't know what to do about the whole mouth guard thing either.  Well.  I'll have money six months from now for that moment.  

And screw you Walgreens in my old neighborhood. I hated your stupid store for the 21 years I lived there and you still suck.  I just park there and walk over to my appointment.  Been doing it for years!  A lot of times I walk in there and might buy something.  Well today, there was a sign that said no parking for more than 30 minutes or you get towed.  BOOO!!!  Oh yes, everyone is rushing to go to Walgreens because there's none in the area.  Oh no!

I decided to park in the Tippecanoe parking lot.  Kind of weird to actually come face to face with your old home that you lived there from age 18 to 39.  It looks kind of crappy.  Kind of was then back in the day but we made it nice.  We didn't have garbage cans sitting out on the sidewalk like hillbillies either.  The windows looked banged up.  I don't miss it.

After my appointment, I drove to Petco in the area.  It was really a pretty day.  I am a pissy bitch when it comes to how Bay View has changed with the cool kids.  There's nothing wrong with wanting to make an area better.  I did go to a spa on KK maybe around 2005 or 2006?  They actually had a nice location up in Shorewood and I was happy to see it there. I really couldn't afford it.   That's when I was stupid and made poor judgments with a credit card. At the time I thought it was nice that they were trying to make the area nicer.  I hated having to move because of my job. My mom found one place near the Walgreens I hate that was a good deal. She told the woman she should stay because the rent was good and she did.  It was a rough commute for me and things had to change.  One night I came home during an ice storm at 7:30 pm and spent my evening shoveling.  It took me 3 hours to get home.  I had one too many nights like that.  

When I moved to Bay View, I lost friends.  My friends didn't want to drive out there so I would come to South Milwaukee and drive them around to areas like Wauwatosa.  Everyone went by the wayside when college started.  When I started at my job in 2002, there was a lot of criticism where I lived.  I should be living in the suburbs.

So yeah, it was kind of a surprise and shock when all of a sudden Bay View became the happening place at some point.  Really?  I was low brow because I lived there but now it was cool?  It was hurtful in some ways.  I really wanted to punch Cassie after she told me how her daughter thought she made it because she lived in Bay View.  When she started with the company, she asked me why did I live in that part of Milwaukee?  Now it's good enough for everyone, I guess.

As I was driving through the area, if something happened to my mom, I wouldn't know where I could move where it's safe.  I thought I wish the rent was more affordable in the area.  Everything is so damn high.  It's just disheartening.  I don't blame anyone who's too cool for school for the high rent.  We're just living in a greedier than normal world.

I hope the guys don't raise the rent too high.  I literally don't know where I belong anymore.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not the Good Rain

A Tale of Two Assistants

Bad Mood Recipient