Half Day Monday
I don't know if taking off for the dentist will be a barrel of laughs but it'll be nice to get away for an afternoon. At least the weather is nice.
Now I do dread seeing my emails. Last week two of the three people who give me the most work were gone. It was nice to catch up and easier but now it's game on. I'm worried about one situation. One person kind of expects me to magically figure things out when I need their help. I have a feeling I'm going to get blamed for this situation and that aggravates me. I get tired of getting blamed for stuff when I'm supported at times. When they say things roll downhill, I feel like I got a boulder coming at me.
Honey Bear spent more time with me yesterday. I'm glad she's comfortable and is getting used to us. I kind of worried she would be too standoffish. She's looking out the window now so that's a good thing.
I looked at some of my past blood work and I noticed that there was an upward trend in my glucose. You know, I'm looking to be medicated on anything but I do question why my last set of numbers was glossed over when it fits a certain category and there's a history of it in my family. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing but glad to be getting another person taking a second look at it. I have had this thing with my feet for some time that's made me wonder and worry a little bit. It's like they need to stretch out or get moving, kind of feel like they're falling asleep. A numbness maybe? I'll sit at my desk some mornings, take my shoes off and stretch out my toes or massage them. It's like they need a little something to get them going.
I definitely needed the anxiety help this morning. I think my teeth are fine but this dentist makes me nervous. Years ago, he gauged my mom when she got her false teeth and was maybe a little bit on the rude side. It was over 20 years ago and people can mellow out. I don't think he's going to yell at me. I worry he might find five or six things wrong and expect me to come up with the money. I don't think he will but I still get nervous. This is my third time seeing him and he's been ok for the most part. I know I'll have to change at some point because he's maybe 76 or 77? I hate that the one that I saw for over 20 years is retiring this year. Not sure if this dentist will do the same.
No more retirements from anyone, please. I have one more phone call to make for an appointment and I better not hear, Oh, he'll be retiring in the new year. NOOOO!!! I think he's around my age but I know sometimes people have had enough and I don't blame them. One of the doctors I saw retired in his early 50s when I called to see if my mom could go see him after one of her doctors retired. That surprised me. Then again, his wife was my dentist for a year and she gauged me horribly. He probably had enough money from all the money she ripped off from her patients. Yeah. That's another blog post.
I guess I should start my short day.
I hope the good humans have a good day.
Comments
Post a Comment