What I do wish

 I've heard this phrase many times and I would love it if someone actually meant it.  If you need to talk, I'm here for you as a friend.

Have I taken people up on this comment from time to time?  Yes.  It's really a throw away statement.  It's either no response or gee, I don't know what to say.

I would love it if someone said hey, let's talk sometime.  I'll text you when it's a good time and we'll meet up.

I would give my number if someone said that.  I would like it if maybe later that night, I got a message that said, Am I free Saturday morning to get some coffee?  I wouldn't play games and wait an hour.  I would yes.  I will be there.

It would be lovely if that person showed up that Saturday morning and we just talked.  We just listened.

So when I hear the phrase, I'm here for you as a friend?  I'm thinking, Are you really?  I'm kind of not sure if I believe it.

That's where I'm at right now.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Week Madness

Not the Good Rain

A Tale of Two Assistants