Vaccinated and Annoyed on South 27th street

I got my covid and flu shot this morning at Walgreen.  I hadn't thought about the flu shot.  I thought I was getting it earlier this month with a reminder call from Walmart but well, that didn't happen.  I said yeah, that's fine.  Pharmacist did not find me amusing when I joked about having a microchip in my brain.  Oh well.  My humor isn't for everyone.  He wished me a nice day.  I noticed I wasn't the only one with the same plan.  That's a little reassuring.

I happened to park in Walmart's parking lot before I got there.  I was a little early so I thought I'd walk around and look at Halloween stuff or just get some steps in. I wanted to make one appointment this week and I thought I'd do it then.  I was looking to see if I had my insurance card in case I got asked and then I see someone by my car.  They're looking for money.  I shook my head and said not today. I got my seat belt on and drove off.  This is a nice Walmart store but I forgot about the panhandlers in this area.  This Walmart actually took over the old Southgate years ago.  Yeah.  Things hadn't changed.  Oh well.  I think I'm good on vaccines until December and then it's the pneumonia shot.  After what happened to mom last spring, I'm not missing that shot.  

I did try to call my doctor's office again for an appointment and it rang and rang.  I think after 7 times I should hang up otherwise I feel like a jerk.  I'm going to guess they're busy and well, that's ok.  I can call later in the week.  I had to laugh when I looked at this doctor's latest review.  I'm going to guess this person was just a diva.  Let's put it that way.  Entitled and annoyed.  I was surprised at the doctor's response but in a good way.  Subtle but kind of a spicy shade thrown in.  Good for him.  Over the 10 year period I've seen him, I can't imagine anyone more polite or well mannered than him.  I'm inclined to say this person was out of line and rude to others.  

Years ago, I accidentally showed up a day early for my appointment.  I think it got written or calendared incorrectly.  No, I wouldn't blame that person for the mistake because I'm the dumbass who didn't listen to my voice mail reminder or double check the calendar online either.  When I did show up, they offered to have me wait and they would talk to him.  Luckily he was at lunch and didn't realize I had a dumbass moment.  I shook my head and said see you tomorrow.  Not fair to do to other people.  My fault.  My bad.  I could have went off that this was taken down wrong.  Yeah.  It was.  Did I pay attention?  No.  I appreciated the front desk trying to help me out. I just wanted to escape my stupid moment so I know that complaint he got was, well, bulls___.

My staycation is going better than my escapades on Saturday. I got my hair cut and I think the girl who did it did a great job.   I like this face framing thing that another student did a year ago and I've stayed with it.  The problem with it?  Lot of hair flying in my face when it gets longer and I haven't known how to explain it to another student.  Can I have less hair in my face?  I definitely don't miss the bangs.  She seemed to understand the shaping better.  No offense to the other students.  They tried and well I'm the cheap ass showing up for less expensive hair cut.  She asked me when I got my hair colored and I said I haven't since May of last year.  She thought it looked great.  It does seem to be making me look blonder rather than more grey.  I thought of doing low lights for my birthday but unfortunately, I need new tires.  Maybe in the new year.  I don't know.  

I filled out another form to get our washer taken away that the drug addicts broke.  We tried to get it fixed.  I spent $300 to get it fixed and the guy just couldn't figure it out.  He did work all day on it.  My mom found him.  He was a former Sears repair person.  Nobody seems to want it and I kind of think the guys want it gone.  Well we do too but we don't know anyone who can get it out of the basement.  We asked Byron but he didn't seem interested.  

Tomorrow, I'll stay put and go for a walk in the neighborhood. It looks like Charlie and Jeremy are gone for another week.  Jeremy's day off is on Mondays and we figured if they didn't come back yesterday, chances are, they might be gone for another week.  Fine by me.

I got to admit, I felt a little said seeing a picture of the campgrounds where Corinne and her husband stayed.  They met up with some friends from the neighborhood.  I get it.  Less gas.  I don't take any offense.  Corinne sent me some wacky socks that she got.  Not sure if it was a consolation gift for not coming.  It's fine.  It just sucks.  

I have had my playtime with Honey Bear this week.  It looks like a daycare center for cats.  I love her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Week Madness

Not the Good Rain

A Tale of Two Assistants