Another Staycation Ending but Stay Tuned for November
Yeah. I dread my emails but it is what it is. Glad to have a week off even though I didn't travel. Didn't drive as much either thanks to high gas prices. And why is that? I spent the morning walking in Bay View. I got a nice view of the city this morning from a different angle. Don't feel too bad for me. I'll be back to my usual walking spot tomorrow morning and probably Sunday. Just saying my miles and making them stretch a little today. Mom has a doctor appointment this afternoon so I figured I'd be on the go more later.
Weird thing happened with her getting the covid and flu vaccines on Wednesday. Walmart denied her. They said Medicaid didn't cover it. She's not on Medicaid. We tried that this spring and she withdrew it because of her insurance policies and she wanted to keep Senior Care. I thought am I going to spend my time on the phone trying to make sense out of nonsense? I'm ok with that but I wasn't happy. Meanwhile, my mom went off on conspiracy land and blamed someone orange. She only tried to apply for Medicaid because of her hospital visit which we got written off when the bill came in.
I tried one of the Walgreens and she got it that night. She was in their system and we figured she would get denied again. Nope. It was actually easier than the Walgreens I went to this week. I told my mom we'll go to this Walgreens for any vaccines. Walmart is great for price, but Walgreens seems to get it right on the vaccine part. My mom was ranting she wasn't going to go anywhere this winter and it's all someone's fault. Well I said we shouldn't go anywhere if it's too cold. We get delivery know and I offered to do the shopping if need be on the weekends if there's any bit of ice. Got to bubble wrap mom.
It looks like Charlie is back. I was surprised he came home yesterday and surprised he went to work. Not my business. Good on him. He mowed the lawn as soon as he got home. I did kind of wonder about our next door neighbor. Daniel can be kind of a creep. I can see him reporting Charlie and Jay about the lawn being long. He's an odd one. Guessing we'll see Jeremy by Monday or maybe not.
I did stop by a duplex in Bay View on my way home to read the sign. It didn't look bad. It was a lower and off street parking. The price was not in our range but it wasn't that bad for what they're charging in Bay View. I hope the guys don't raise the rent too much or we will have to bug out by spring. I'm fine with living here, but I know I have to stay on alert and I hate that.
Part of me kind of wishes that we lived closer to my friend Joshua and his wife. I'm not looking to coffee clutch. Well maybe. I guess it would be nice to have friends that are good people. That's the part of Bay View that I missed. I felt like there were some people I could rely on and who I could help as well. We were kind of like siblings when we went to school and even a few years after. I kind of took myself out of the picture. I figured they wouldn't want me around. I was going to conquer the world and they were going to be boring and get married.
Yeah. Joke's on me, am I right? I know Ethan has had at least one hardship with a divorce but it appears he's over the moon with his better choice and their two kids. Josh is still stable, funny, normal and adores his wife. They're good humans. I didn't conquer the world. I found out that I had to leave home to appreciate what I had here.
I never did make that phone call again. I will next week. I kind of think I might need to see my calendar to make sure I don't accidentally schedule on a meeting even if it's in the new year. If I do then I have to reschedule it myself and that means I have to deal with people. We all know I don't like people. I will, I will. It's an easy appointment but when you're having issues of what your body looks like in a reflection, it doesn't make you want to make any medical appointments. I will!
Before I signed off last week, I was the recipient of one ugly nasty gram. I was ready for the week to end last Friday. I was basically called the devil for my email the night before. It's something I've had to do from time to time when people don't respond. I ask someone else what I should do and they give me direction. I usually get ignored or get a response like hey, we'll go with this date. This message? Wow. I thought did I say anything that was that bad? This person said I used draconian methods and I thought Are you going for an Oscar with this dramatic interpretation? I didn't respond and hopefully others who saw it won't chastise me. I kind of worried about it a little but I thought well, all I was doing was trying to get a response. I didn't think I'd be accused of being a jerk. I'm really hoping that situation resolves itself. I'm not in a rush to address it.
As far as the diva is concerned, I know she will be butting in and interfering. I was getting annoyed Friday when she put up pictures of her workout room in our chat and had to brag. I thought the thirst is real. I never respond. I just can't with her. If you say anything, she'll get emotional and start with the tears. Just a spoiled brat.
I filled out a form online to see if I can recover the money for the Christmas ornament I bought that honored Precious. I figured if it got put in Charlie and Jeremy's mailbox, Charlie would have put it on our stairs by morning. I almost wonder if Daniel, our next door neighbor got it and destroyed it. The seller on etsy asked that I fill out a form and I did with the USPS. I don't hold my breath but it really upsets me that of all things, it was something for Precious. I just miss my tiny tiger.
It appears that I have a velvet cat who now follows me around. Our apartment looks like a day care center for cats. We've bonded every morning with me rubbing her soft belly and her giving me love bites. They're the kind that don't make me scream out in pain. Having the week off has been a good thing for me to bond with her and I love it. She's becoming more comfortable in getting sassy with us.
Yeah. I wish I had a little bit more money to spend. I got my hair cut, my eyebrows waxed and bonded with Honey Bear. It's good.
I took the week off for my birthday in early November. Hopefully I'm not at the liquor store stocking up because of the mid terms.
I don't care about my birthday. I want our democracy back.
Comments
Post a Comment