Good Guy Jason
I could just spend the day in bed but I won't. Got to get my butt out the door and get my walking in for the morning. Maybe mom will be up for going to the thrift store we passed yesterday. She said it doesn't have to be today. Well maybe today is a good day to go.
I felt bad she felt rejected by Honey Bear. I know Precious was her chair buddy before she passed. She was my work mate too. She would park herself on the trunk next to my desk and take her afternoon nap. It gets lonely looking over that stand and not see her there.
Honey Bear is taking time. She's not going anywhere. It's just this whole adjustment phase for her. She did spend a lot of time in my mom's room initially and I think my mom got hurt that she moved over to the dining room recliner or my room. She wanted her to bond with me. I think she just missed her coming to bed next to her every night. I said she definitely doesn't sleep with me. Does she play on my bed in the middle of the night? I'm guessing yes since I found about 8 sparkle balls on my bed when I woke up one morning.
She will have her thing with me. After I took a bath and came out of the bathroom, she was standing in the kitchen meowing at me loudly. It was time to go to bed. Well, not really. I would get in bed and she would jump up, play, flop around and let me rub her belly. It was about a 20 minute thing and then she would take off. I think mom felt a little better yesterday but I explained I get the same thing with her. I will sit on the floor and feed her those tube snacks that cats like and when she's done, I may reach over to pet her and she shrinks away like I got a claw hand. She's a cat. They got a mind of their own. It'll take a little bit of time. The Russian Blues are known for being timid too. I want her to get to the cocky stage, but it's fine. It'll take time.
I did not doom scroll last night but I came across a person I might know. I don't know her, but I know her husband. It was my friend Jason from high school and from college as well. For once, I looked at a Facebook page and smiled.
Jason was a decent kid in school. I was in the advanced English classes in school but I wouldn't say I was a smart kid. I was basically in the sweat hog class for Math. A lot of the kids in my English classes knew each other from their other smart people classes. As usual, I was the odd fit. Jason and some of his friends befriended me and didn't make me feel so bad.
Jason and I hung out even when we went to UW Milwaukee together for awhile. He was one of the few friends that would drive out to Bay View and we'd go to the movies together. He was actually the valedictorian of our class. We had five valedictorians and a few of them were known cheaters for cheating on tests.
I think Jason and I got along because neither of us cared for South Milwaukee or our classmates. Well most but not all. I don't think he had a very good relationship with his father and I think he just wanted out. He was a medical student and I knew he was interested in going to school on the east coast. I think we were both just wishing we could get away from our lives.
I did think he might have had a crush on me at one point. I'm not sure. He had a lot of good qualities and was and probably still a sweet person. I really liked him as a friend. I felt bad about that. I also felt like if I did like him, I didn't think I would fit into his world. He was going to be a doctor and well, I wanted to write books or do something different from my life. He became a doctor and well, I did something different. It's not a bad thing now.
Jason wound up becoming an endocrinologist. Some of my classmates said he lived in Franklin with his wife and kids. It looked like he's in Green Bay now and his kids are older. They just look like a nice family.
I think his wife is kind of cool. I think I wanted to friend her after I saw her page. I know. That would be weird and kind of creepy. This is the type of person that just fit for Jason. They just look like a fun couple who have had a nice life and that makes me so happy for Jason. He deserves that type of happiness. He helped a misfit like me all these years ago and I knew he was a good person. For once, social media made me kind of happy seeing how happy Jason was.
Would I have fit into his life if I did have feelings for him? Yeah. I would have fit in ok. He didn't judge me in school because I wasn't in all the advanced classes. He was my friend and I'm so grateful for his friendship back then.
It's nice to see a good human succeed.
Comments
Post a Comment