Wishful Thinking - Retirement
I didn't smile today at the post office. Kind of felt annoyed by the young woman behind me bitching and talking to herself about how slow things were. I didn't care that I had to wait for awhile. I was annoyed that she wouldn't shut up.
I had told my mom today that if I had a chance to retire, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I like working. I don't mind what I do. I'm tired of the games that people have played over the years. I have just had enough lately.
The diva and her new best friend, the bragger are working on a project together and it was presented to all of us and it was discussed that they would be reaching out to others for their input. I knew what that meant. My invite would get lost in the mail.
I am maybe speaking too soon on the bragger. As soon as the bragger entered our lives, I was a little suspect because of her connection to the diva and their project. The diva was impressed with the bragger. She is a dare devil and knows famous people. They're not famous people you want to know but ok. I was offended when the bragger presented her project as this guide will empower the assistant and they won't have to ask questions of other assistants.
I get the feeling of being apprehensive to ask others because you feel stupid. I get it. I also remember the conversation I had with the diva when she started. She admitted that she didn't want to ask me questions because she felt stupid because I kept saying I'm always here for questions.
Oh, I'm a horrible person, aren't I? I wanted to make someone feel comfortable and I get kicked in the face. I shared a lot of stories of people bullying me over the years and how I understand what it's like to feel bad. I shared how I had an account exec ask me how f-ing stupid I was and made me cry. She doesn't want to ask me questions because I make her feel stupid?
Now she makes a point to isolate me or make me seem incompetent in front of others. I guess I was the stupid one wasn't I?
I saw the others who were included in on the meeting. I'm not shocked I wasn't included but fine by me. She wouldn't listen to me anyway so thanks for not including me in the bullshit.
I found out from the vaper that she's part of a project to work on handling microaggressions. Here's an ironic thing. Irma is the one leading that project. Isn't that ironic? The one that told me I wasn't needed when I was on medical leave is talking to others about how to handle microaggressions. Look in the mirror! Ugh!
My mom asked if I thought about retiring early and I said I'd do it at 62. It's not even the work. It's the foolishness that goes on. I said I'd like to volunteer but I think would I have to put up with people being jerks?
What would I like to do? I would like to meet people. I see all these events at the libraries around the area and I would like to participate in them. There's a yoga class or a stretching class on Tuesday afternoons at the Bay View library. I would like to do that. I noticed there was a crafting and coloring class at the library on the east side Thursday afternoon. I would like to do things or learn things. I know I'm not going to travel but I'd find things where I can enjoy my day more. I saw something on Facebook where people met up at the library to postcard for the elections. I wish there was something local here where I can do that.
Believe it or not, I wouldn't want to retire to get away from people. I'd want to retire to be around people I would like. People who have my interests. I would like to be around kinder people that want to learn new things. I might make a friend. That's a crazy thought.
If I had a job where I didn't have to deal with issues like this, I would be more than happy to take something like that on. I'm just growing so kind of weary of the competitive games women play.
I wouldn't want to hide from the world to retire. I might want to see what else is going on, believe it or not.
I know. I'll be lucky if I can retire at 65. Here's another episode of Wishful Thinking.
Comments
Post a Comment