The First Accident
I feel a little sore around my neck and I know where that comes from. I was hit from behind in October 2017. First time I've been in an accident. I was headed to work and I was sitting at a red light. All of a sudden, I felt this loud slam behind me and my head almost hit the dashboard. I was in shock and looked behind. I pulled over when the light turned red.
The guy that got out of the car was apologetic. I yelled, What's wrong with you? He was trying to be nice and say I'm so sorry. This happened to my wife. I didn't mean to do it. He said lady, please don't call the cops.
I should have. Honestly, I didn't know what to do in the situation. I was stunned. I asked for information and he offered to follow me to a medical clinic. I said I'm going down the street to get checked out. I really was too shocked to be rude or nice. I was just indifferent. It wasn't ok. He gave me his name and phone number on a piece of paper. I know. I deal with this every day and when it happens to you, you don't know what to do. Shock does that to a person. Remember, I kept driving after the back of a semi slapped the side of my car.
I didn't care that he followed me. I knew he was just covering his ass. I thought I got to get an xray or something. That's how I wound up with the doctor I've been seeing since then. He just ordered an x-ray and said I'd be ok to go to work. I got my prescriptions filled, came home for a bit, contacted my insurance person and went to work. We had one of our engagement activities where we were going to the movies. Shocked I didn't fall asleep. I stayed home the next day. It was too much.
I did a few sessions of physical therapy and after that, I felt ok. I get a day here or two where my neck is bothering me a bit. It just feels sore. Someone said Oh, that ruined your life! No, I was lucky. I have to deal with a few sore muscles and another notch on the anxiety scale but I'm fine.
I'll never understand people thinking it's funny to drive so stupid. Irma almost plowed me into me because she ran a four way stop. It's a common occurrence for me to see people jumping red lights all the time. Driving isn't a joke. My insurance takes a hit because someone wasn't paying attention.
I can't even imagine what it's like for someone else who get seriously injured and what they have to deal with when they get behind the wheel. I do drive on the freeway. I'm not a fan of it at times but I think at least I don't have to do this every day.
As crazy as it sounds, I do consider myself damn lucky.
Drive safe good humans.
Comments
Post a Comment