Embracing It
Last night, I went to bed early. I didn't go to sleep. I wanted to just check out of life for the evening. I was tired. I embraced the depression.
It just built up over the day. I think it started when I got gas. I thought maybe I could find a station on Gas Buddy but the cheapest was 3.89. I just couldn't bring myself to fill it up completely. I thought where do I go? Nowhere.
We were at the store waiting for someone to wait on us at the deli when I let my mom know that I was behind her and she snapped at me. I apologized. I knew she didn't sleep much. I said I just wanted her to know I was on her side because of her vision issues. I got flustered when I used the do it yourself check out. I felt like I couldn't get the bags open and the cashier helped me. My mom asked why I was red in the face and I said I don't know. I wear my emotions on my sleeve I guess.
I was missing Precious last night. I thought how sad am I that I miss a cat? She was a kind and loving cat and she loved me. She was my comfort. It was a lot. Have people disappointed me that badly? I thought about Corinne and her husband not being able to come to Milwaukee this fall. Yeah. I get it. I get a lot with a Toyota. They're driving a bigger vehicle and probably get 2 miles to the gallon. I thought of not seeing my niece and Charlotte this summer and it just got me.
I thought maybe I could watch the news for a minute and it was the felon using A1 images and I turned it off. I really wanted to be wrong that I would feel like this back on November 6th, 2024, but yeah, I was right and I hated it. I thought of what's going to happen to people who have less than me? The food aid thing disgusts me. I thought of how the bragger will not get replaced so we all have to work harder. The world crashed on me around 9 last night.
My mom came in and asked me if I was ok. I told her everything I was feeling while I sobbed. I said it's just a lot and she understood. Yeah. She snapped at me. She's worried too about her snap benefits. Her social security. I understand where she's coming from. Life is crushing people like us.
I went to sleep at some point after I talked to her. I felt better but still felt bad. It's just been a lot and it's so hard to take. I hope the people who have the bumper stickers I drink liberal tears are happy. They can make a six pack out of mine.
I got up this morning and I don't think I embraced the new day. I felt like I could get through it. It's what I do. I just accept it.
Comments
Post a Comment