Almost to staycation time
I'm still mad about the rain tomorrow. I know I have all week but I had my exciting plans of going to the post office and getting more postcard stamps. I still might do it depending on how bad it is, just to get out of the house. You suck Mother Nature.
My mom is feeling discouraged by the news yesterday. The interest rates being raised upset her and she was hoping she could have a little extra money after her annual raise. I think I'll be cancelling my MSNow subscription. They suck and were very misleading about their streaming service. I also know that they are working on it and I don't have the heart to tell my mom that somehow the DOJ is involved with Roku getting licensing. Sigh.
The guys are in Thailand. I don't even want to admit how I know. I don't like looking at a social media page but I wonder when someone isn't here for a few days, like where did you go? Are you coming back? I'm fine with them being gone the last few weeks. I'll take them over the monster any day of the week. They're so timid that sometimes I feel like I scare them if they see me in the basement. Do I look that bad? I got to admit. I thought if you can spend a few weeks in a foreign country, please don't come to us for money. I don't think they're greedy but I will feel insulted if I get a big rent raise. I think I get why my mom was so depressed last night.
I got to make a couple of appointments in the next month or so. One is fine and probably won't happen until early next year. No worries there. The other will be about switching doctors and I have to work up the nerve. I hate making phone calls. I feel like the other person on the end knows what an awkward idiot I am.
The other night, when I walked, I looked at my reflection in the windows, I didn't get mad. I felt so frustrated seeing the shape that I'm in. I thought I walk every night, I lift weights. I know what a fruit and vegetable is. I eat two meals a day, not three. I'm not perfect in my eating but you would think with all the walking and other working out I do, something would budge. I just looked at myself and thought this just doesn't make sense and I'm so tired of every night making sure I get out and walk for an hour. I walk at lunch too. I walk about 5 to sometimes 7 miles a day. Same on the weekends. I can up it more when I'm off but it's the point of why do I have to do so much all the time when my stomach looks like I eat a 12 pack for lunch? I'm not trying to beat myself up. I'm just tired of being stuck. A sinus infection shouldn't have had to help jump start what little weight I lost.
I don't like the idea of the diva working on anything I've had my hands on but I don't care at this point. She has zero manners unlike the lurker so I know someone is going to wind up getting pissed off at her. It should always be a warning side when someone proudly exclaims they're here for women and they're a girls girl. If you have to say it out loud like that, then I'm not buying what you're selling.
Oh well. One more day.
And yeah. There's been a cat here the last few weeks. We did adopt a lot sooner than most. More on her later. People might say how can you do that? I didn't replace Precious. I wanted to give a cat a home. I'm still grieving when it comes to Precious and probably will for awhile. I cried last night thinking about her final moments. She wasn't a cat. She was a beautiful person who loved me. Flaws and all. I just miss her. I was so damn lucky to have such a beautiful cat with such a kind and bossy soul.
Now I wake up and someone is there to greet me. I find myself smiling a little bit more after a bad night. I didn't replace my heart. I opened it up for someone else to join in and give them a safe home where there will always be love for them.
Precious made me feel like I was worthy of being loved and that I shouldn't settle for any person out of my own fear because that just makes for a lonelier life when you settle.
I hope the good humans have a good day.
I got to go throw a fuzzy ball for someone.
Comments
Post a Comment