Spoiler Alert for the Day

I had a flat tire.  That's why the light went on.  The air pressure wasn't low.  It was low in one specific tire though due to the nail that was in it.  Damn.

I was driving down National Avenue and I thought why does it sound like something is flapping in the wind?  The grocery store was only blocks away so I thought good time to check.  

Yep.  It was the back end of the passenger side.  I managed to find my way through my insurance's road side assistance.  I thought it was going to be an hour before the guy got there so I went in and got kitty litter for the queen.  He was there.  I felt like a dumb ass.

Nice kid fixed my tire.  I hate that stupid tiny tire they give you as a spare.  He asked me Am I going to get a new tire right away?  I said Yeah.  Probably Firestone.  He told me about his experiences with getting tires and how people tried to push more on him.  He gave me advice about a couple of places and went on his way. 

I knew the Firestone store had just opened and I thought Do I go there?  I thought what do I do?  My last experience with them was not great.  I thought maybe I should go home and think about it.  

I started to panic because I wasn't ready to enter the lion's den.  It's been a long time since I had to go somewhere other than the dealership and I wasn't ready.  So what did I do when I got home?  Told my mommy and burst into tears.  Sigh.  

She wondered about WalMart and if they had an auto center. I remembered people at work mentioning taking their cars there for new tires but I didn't know if we had any in the area.  We did and we went.  The price was right and the guy was really cool.  He told me that they would have a sale around November 20th for Black Friday and I thought I can replace the remaining three.  It was done less than an hour.  For what I needed, it worked.

When I say I wish there was someone in my life, I don't mean necessarily want a boyfriend or a husband to fix my problems.  I wish there was a friend that I could call and at least talk it out.  I messaged Corinne but I know she's at the farm and she doesn't respond until later.  Cassie would just say to me I have a husband that figures this stuff out.  Sigh.

When I looked at what they offered online, I thought I'd have to wait until Friday when I'm off again to get the tire replaced or tires. I know some would have said I should get two but this guy said I'd be fine for now.  Considering that the dealership said I would be due at some point to replace the tires I think I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas. 

What a day.  I wasn't upset that I didn't get to go for my drive to the east side.  I'm just happy that I don't have to come up with a ton of money because of a damn nail.

Feeling grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Here's the Weekend

Feeling a bit used

Flipping the Script