How Expectations Change

Would I like to find the great love of my life?  Yeah.  Of course I would.  Do I think it will happen?  I don't know.

I woke up this morning and daydreamed about being with someone and having a hooky day.  Kind of cooler out this morning.  Great day to stay in bed for awhile.

Yeah. I still have fire in my heart for that.  I'm not dead inside for crying out loud.

My reality?  I would like to get a text from a friend about their morning.  I know I spout I want someone to talk to about my problems!  WAAAHHH!  No.  I really would prefer to listen than to talk about things that frustrate me.  I don't think people got when I went through cancer treatment that I'd rather hear about some of the things in their life than my own at times.  I don't want to hear stupid shallow stuff like My kid doesn't chicken parm tonight!  Looking at you Lois when I mention that.  

I would like to hear from someone and find out how their morning is going.  Are they in a bad mood?  Dreading what their workday is like?  Looking forward to the day?  Asking me how my morning is going?  I think I'm a pretty good listener and can be good at encouraging others that things will get better when I don't feel like it will for me.  I'm better at helping others than myself.

Someone who isn't fixated on social media.  That is the ultimate fantasy at the moment.  That's what I'm daydreaming about this moment.

I hope the good humans have a good day.  Would love to hear about someone else's day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Here's the Weekend

Feeling a bit used

Flipping the Script