Sunday Snooze
I got a little panicked today. Shocker, I know. I got a little camera for the kitchen when the monster was here in the weird event that he was picking our lock and coming in when we were gone. It has helped me in a different way. My mom can be a late sleeper so if I'm out on a weekend morning, I'm to call her if I don't see her on the camera by 10 in the morning. I didn't notice until 10:30 and the phone kept ringing. It hit me that she might have disconnected the phone yesterday. I was hoping I would see her pop up randomly. No such luck until I got home at noon and she was fast asleep.
This week, she got a scam call from Wells Fargo. She probably made a mistake picking up and saying I don't have any money. Quit calling. Oh, I've done my share of clap back moments with the scammers but I heard recently that if you stay on too long, they can pick up your voice and use it with AI. After she did that, they tried calling five times until she disconnected the phone. It's happened the last few days. It's a little creepy.
I found the website to be on the Do Not Call list. I looked up the information to find out what we can do. I thought we were on the list but that was maybe our old phone number. I hope this ends the calls. I don't know how this works but we'll see. That's pretty sick. I had one person call back and tell me I was going to be dead soon when they asked for my mom a few years ago. Sick bastards.
I panicked on my drive home thinking the worst. What if she doesn't wake up? What if something is wrong? She keeps odd hours and she didn't have enough sleep the night before. She got it today and is doing fine! She's on the phone with my cousin right now griping about the guy in the white house. She's fine. Me? Eh. Work in progress.
What a humid weekend. I didn't walk the hill and it was just as well. I saw a woman standing on the corner with a back pack and other bags hanging off of her. Do I think she was homeless? I'm not sure. I thought maybe I would walk around the block and see if she was gone when I came back to walk the hill.
Nope. I saw her talking to someone who shrugged and walked away as I was walking down the street. I turned around to walk the other way, thinking maybe she would keep walking straight. Nope. She was hanging around the other corner.
I sound like an asshole, don't I? I feel like it. I don't know her circumstances. I have been the generous person when it's happened in the past and then I see them buying cigarettes at a gas station. I need to fix myself. I can't afford to fix anyone else.
I look at a lot of stories of people on Threads being alone and it just makes me feel awful. It scares me. I think of the people who have been in my life and they wouldn't have shown up if I needed someone. I know I'll be ok but I think of stuff like that at night. I don't mean to sound like I need a husband. I just wish I had that friend.
I know I'm not going to get back into the dating game. I am done with the lying and the games. I don't think all men are like that by any means. I really would like a friend. I would like someone that I could help if they needed someone to drive them to the airport or if I needed help hanging up blinds, they could stop by. I might be able to figure it out but it would be nice to have a good laugh at my ineptness with something that seems so simple. I am an excellent person if you need someone to help pick out an outfit for a work event. Especially the shoes. Yes, I may be wearing a cat t shirt, stretchy pants and Adidas, but I'm not the one going to the event! I'm better at helping others than I am at helping myself.
I made it another day. That's a win.
Comments
Post a Comment