Sunday Funday at Walmart
It was more like chaotic and get me the bleep out of here Walmart today.
We got our first delivery. It missed one of the items and we got a refund. They didn't have a few other things but so be it. I realized that I had a different Walmart selected that is known for empty shelves. My mistake. First time user. Won't do that again. I liked the idea of delivery though. I hated that I wound up at Walmart on Miller Parkway to find the things that we were missing.
I didn't have to do it. My mom was upset and me being the people pleaser thought, well, I can run to the store. She caught me in the hall and told me I didn't need to do it. I said it's ok. Getting out of the house is never a bad thing for me, unless it's Wal-Mart on Miller Parkway.
It's not the worst store in the world, but it seems like there's a whole different type of crazy that comes out after noon at that store. I came across a woman cursing at one of the clerks in a scooter. I had the check out girl kind of shove my stuff off fast when I checked out. Want to get in a bad mood? Go to that one.
I didn't find a couple of the items and I actually found a substitute I preferred. The shelves were low on jugs of water. We get them for Precious because we don't want her drinking tap water. I thought oh, yeah, now our water might be bad too so people might be stocking up. I hate being in this upside down world we're in right now. Luckily I was able to get two jugs for the queen.
Now we know when we order next time to order from the one in Greendale. We got our order from the south side and it's not as bad as Miller Parkway but the shelves are empty for a lot of things when go in.
I hate Walmart today. I do like their delivery service.
I got out of the house this morning and listened to my podcasts and Ben Wikler's book on my walk. I decided to take my lottery tickets to Metro Market in Shorewood. I thought I had one on this All for One ticket that I had. I was wrong. It was ok. The nice lady at the counter was enthused to tell me I won 2 dollars. If that was my neighborhood they'd throw the money at me. Not all. A few maybe.
Before I walked in, my mom had called me. She was upset because the guy in the white house is taking about cutting snap benefits. I think she had a moment that made her cry. I sat down outside the store and talked to her. I said all we can do is take things one day at a time.
This is what breaks my heart about this last election. There's a lot of us who are scared, including me. People think this is just fine. It's not ok. It's just not ok and I'm angry at those who think it's ok when I have to console my mom who shouldn't have to worry about anything. I guess that's what prompted me to go to the other Walmart. At least I was entertained even though I felt very annoyed at that stupid store.
We were talking about our neighbor Dave and I asked my mom if he still had that carpeting store on Greenfield. She mentioned where it was and something clicked. I thought I probably walked past that store a lot for over 2 months when the weather got warm on my way to Monterey Market and back. I wondered if he saw me and thought I was looking for a date. I could be wrong but I thought yeah, I was walking by a lot. I always had ear buds or my air pods in. I never looked inside any of the businesses. I really didn't know what businesses were there. Geezus I hope it's not that.
If he thinks that? Get the you know what out. Don't flatter yourself, old man. I don't play with anyone who has a significant other for crying out loud. If anything, I want to buy her a condolence card for putting up with him for all the years they lived together. That's gross if he thinks that.
It could be anything but good grief if that's why he's turned his back on me.
I'm lonely but I'm not in the market for a crabby old man. I'm good. I'll go back to Walmart on Miller Parkway if I get lonely.
Comments
Post a Comment