New Schedule

My mom and I are going to do our grocery shopping early and I will go over to the east side for my walk.  Last weekend I thought no, I'll just go do some errands on the southeast side of town.  Wound up with a nail in my tire. I can wind up with a nail on the east side too.  I'm superstitious.  

My mom had said once we get the Walmart delivery set up, I'll have more time to bum around on the weekends.  I told her um, I don't have anywhere to go on the weekends.  My dance card is not full so it doesn't bother me that we go do our thing with grocery shopping.  We plan on doing this every other week so we'll still go.  It just won't be as often.

I still hate that they closed the Walmart grocery store in our neighborhood.  That has really been a bitch for us since they did that a few years ago.  I don't dislike the Greendale one.  I hate going there some days. Their pharmacy has actually been one of the better pharmacies I've dealt with in the past.  On the weekends we'll go to places like Aldi's or Cermak's that are more in the neighborhood and it feels like a lot when you add on our trip to Wal Mart.  I kind of wish that the Walmart on Miller Parkway wasn't such a hot mess.  It's not a bad store but the customers can be a little scary. I had a guy try to call me over one morning when I was walking out from his car and I ignored him.  Since I stopped Shop Kick, I haven't missed going in there.  

I also hate the Chick Fill A parking lot that's in the same lot as Walmart in Greendale. I also feel like I'm playing dodge ball when I'm trying to leave the store with the cars coming from there.  Because I have all of my gift card apps, I prefer to do the do it yourself check out.  I've had one too many cashiers get pissed off and annoyed when I've had that stuff on my phone that I'd rather deal with it myself.  Sometimes I get tired of playing the Walmart cashier when things won't scan.  The bags can be a bitch to open up when you're trying to get things bagged.  I don't regret not scanning the water that one time.  It's my pay for doing someone else's job, damn it.

I told her when we do the delivery, it'll give us  more time shop in the area.  We thought about maybe putting the order in on a Thursday or Friday.  It'll be nice when the weather gets too cold this winter.  We might wind up doing it more then.  I said really.  I'm not hanging out with anyone.  I only get out of the house just to get fresh air or listen to a podcast or book.  

I'm ok with taking a break from being the Walmart cashier.  Checking out is hard work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not the Good Rain

A Tale of Two Assistants

Seeing the Signs of a Cheater and a Cheapskate