Girl's Girl
It didn't surprise me to find out the diva was a former cheerleader. The stereotype fits. It wasn't true in all cases when I went to school. There were a few that were actually nice to a dork like me and even talked to me. Others? Not so much. It wasn't really the cheerleaders who were so bad. It was the pom pom girls. They irritated the hell out of me and they really didn't do much. They just did this kind of skippity dance that anyone could do. I was actually going to try out in the 9th grade and I twisted my back funny. It was all my dancing at Studio 54 I guess.
Yeah. I'm feeling better after I got my feelings out an hour ago. Stupid neighbor. Stupid people.
The cheerleaders did flips and more athletic stuff where the pom pom girls acted like they were super models. I could see the diva being a pom pom ding dong.
The diva used to tell me she's a girls girl and we should all watch out for each other. That's always a warning sign for me. You're a girls girl? Where's your butcher knife?
I hear that a lot on the Bravo shows. Noooo, ladies, don't do that. No, you're not. Stop. Please. That's just a phrase that women use to disguise they're back stabbers.
You know who watched out for other women? Sosie. Even though she had Lorna as her assistant, she really tried to watch out for Lorna when people started with her and I thought that was nice. I was surprised when she went to a higher up and talked to them about how Marvin talked to me.
I never expect anyone to stick up for me in my position. It's just part of the gig. I'm used to being ratted on, being on the defensive. You shrug it off and sometimes it sucks. I had a conversation with the manager at the time who I could also say was a girl's girl. She watched out for women. It was the first time poured my heart out and felt like someone listened when we talked.
Yeah. Someone listening to me? Once in awhile it happens.
There was an attorney who called me into her office one day. She wanted to know if Corinne was ok and she was worried about her. Trevor had been let go and I knew Corinne was shook up about it. I knew she felt vulnerable because of her time. I also knew Frick was quick to point out her mistakes so I talked to Carole about how Corinne might feel like she's being set up for failure. She thanked me for letting her know and she said that she would give Corinne a pep talk. I was really glad that Carole was looking out for her and I really felt bad when Carole left. I had an ally in Barry. Yeah. He was kind of a girl, so to speak and did watch out for me. I knew Carole had Corinne's back. She talked the talk.
I would like a woman President but I don't know if I'll see that in my lifetime. I don't think you should vote for a woman because they're a woman. You should vote because you like their policies. I haven't always voted for a woman. I voted for Barack in 2008. It had nothing to do with Hillary being a woman because I voted for her in 2016 and I cried my damn eyes out. Now if Nancy Mace ran for President, I wouldn't vote for her. It has nothing to do with her being a woman. It has everything to do with her being crazy. And hateful. I really get tired of hearing someone say "But her emails" Or her "laugh" How's that working out for us now with President Shit Stain? You don't think that Secret Service guy wanted to fill out a worker's comp form after sitting behind him and his smelly ass at Lindsay Graham's funeral? I digress.
I have had my jealousy moments with women. Years ago, when my friend Mo got promoted, I probably wasn't the nicest person to be around. I apologized to Mo for that a few years ago. I don't think she thought anything of it. I said it wasn't her and it was definitely me. I was maybe a little more crabbier and a little bit upset because someone got ahead and I was still struggling. As it was, she didn't stay with the company and wound up leaving. I screwed up in that situation. I missed my friend and I was an ass at the time. I'll always feel horrible about that.
I did stick up for Cassie when she was missing a lot of work with our team. I knew she wasn't happy and I was surprised Barry was getting angry because I knew that he knew she was looking for another job. I didn't quite understand why she ran out a couple of days before she was supposed to leave but I walked her out and said goodbye. I was glad we were able to keep in touch. I wonder how deep was our friendship and if things were said about me to others we worked with.
This last year, I nominated the Thinker for an opportunity where she could travel to our main office this summer. She didn't get picked and I felt bad. I never told her and I wondered if I should have. I don't know if that would have made her feel better because the person that got picked? I don't know if that was the best choice. Not a bad choice. Better than the diva. I thought the thinker was handling more challenging work and should have gotten recognized. I felt like she was just dumped on and people treated her terrible. I don't know if me telling her that I nominated her for something she didn't win would make her feel worse.
I did offer my phone # before I left and said please feel free to use me as a reference in case an opportunity comes up that's better than what she has now. The increase in salary is great so I totally understood. I said you have to think of yourself and what's best for you financially. I get it. She's single and alone in a big city. She needs to be able to support herself.
I have had my share of bitchy moments with women and I'm not proud of that. I try to do better and I hope I have done better over the years. I
Comments
Post a Comment