Sorting Through the Mess
We got a new TV last night thanks to my sister and brother in-law. Our TV in the living room died so off we went to Wal-Mart to get one that was big enough that my mom can see faces now. My brother in-law worked like crazy to get it set up. I'm still a little confused by it but I'm happy my mom can see. I really appreciate everything they've done. That was a lot. We needed some help with the blinds and getting a light in under the stove. Little things that are a big deal for us. Safe travels to them. They're probably on the road right now. Hopefully we can see them in late summer.
My next goal is sorting through the mess of boxes now that we can stay. My brother in-law showed me how to access the Fire stick TV so I don't have to go through and enter all of my passwords in for the new Roku TV. That was nice because I have a password book where I wrote my passwords and I don't know where they are.
I had to pack up things and make everything look neat. I had to make it nice so the great landlord could sell the duplex and make the rent even more unaffordable for us. I'm glad that last part didn't work out. He texted me the other day. There will be someone replacing the roof and our balcony that we have. I thought Oh, how nice. The new buyer is holding you accountable now. I love these kids even more. I'm thankful that the landlord is following her. Did he think that he could magically sell this place without lifting a finger? No, no. Got to do a little hard work, buddy. He won't be doing the work. He'll be footing the bill and that's ok.
Yesterday, I got a pair of Cariuma shoes in the mail. I kind of think surviving not having to move and being cancer free 10 years was a good reason for a new pair of shoes. It's just a nice red suede. I did Afterpay so I can split up the cost each paycheck. Still got a big ass bill for that ultrasound to take care of. Hopefully I can pay it off before year's end. I had gotten a pair of Cariumas the last couple of years and wound up returning because I thought no, I have enough shoes. This seems wrong. Well, if you take shoes back 2 years in a row, you can keep them when you buy them a third year in the row. After the last couple of months, I thought this was a nice thing. Plus they were on sale so I'm being mindful of my budgeting.
Speaking of budgeting, my consumer credit card counseling thing didn't go through on the first. I don't know why it wasn't being deducted from my checking account and I called them on Wednesday only to find out it didn't go through. I think I screwed myself up because I added a payment, a small one and I think it might have deleted the big one for the month. Damn it. I wanted to pay extra. Well I got a medical bill and a car loan that can benefit from extra payments so maybe I'll redirect my focus. Damn it.
I have the Sunday scaries early. I have a monthly check in tomorrow and I'm sure my big mistake will be a topic. There's no excuse and I shouldn't make any. I just wish it didn't happen. I don't want to start crying. I know I've been under a lot of pressure the last few months. Well, that's life. I know the expectations in my daily life can be a lot but geezus this sucks. This just sucks.
I think I'm going to lower the property values in Shorewood, stay alert Lois! I can't seem to find the postcard stamps at the post offices in my neighborhood. I seem to find them at the Shorewood post office and I'm working on writing postcards for the New York City primary that I have to get done before June 1st. This summer I'll be writing them for New Jersey, Virginia and Pennsylvania. So sorry, Lois. I may be in your neighborhood more this summer. I tried West Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago and all they had was six stamps. Poor MJ from Boston Store. She may see me again in Metro Market and go hide in the stockroom. If only MJ knew how well I was thriving she wouldn't run. She shouldn't run. I'm looking for strawberries, not to play whose life turned out better.
I will be going through boxes today and trying to find a better way to make my living space look better than what it was. Precious loves the fact that the dresser in my room is clear so she can strut back and forth in the morning, meowing like a model cat. Well, she is the most beautiful cat.
I hope the good humans have a good day.
Comments
Post a Comment