Privacy

If love hasn't abandoned me and there's someone that gets me and vice versa, I don't want to advertise it.  It's nobody's business.

I like the idea of a secret relationship and not in a we're doing something illegal way.  It's a mind your own damn business way. 

I think that a lot of times people can't stop with the questions or comments. Let's throw out a few examples.

When are you getting married?  We just went on our first date.  He bought me a Starbucks, not a ring.  Go away.

What type of work does he do?  Minding his own business.  Go away.  It would either be that or he works for Spectrum TV.  We all know I love TV.

What type of car does he drive?  A functioning one.  Go away.  I used to have to take the bus everywhere in college.  As long as it doesn't involve me getting my own bus pass, I don't give a flying F what someone drives.

How come you didn't go out to dinner on Valentine's Day?  How come he didn't buy you anything?  I hate people and you're not looking so good after these questions.  I didn't know I had to provide a financial statement of items received in this relationship.  Go away.  

Does he have kids?  How's his ex-wife?  Just go away right there.  I'm 56 and have had to deal with the why aren't you married?  That stuff is nobody's business.  If he does, then that's his business, not mine to talk about.

You've been with him a year.  Aren't there any plans for the future?  Really.  Go away with that question.  People move at their own time.  I'll admit to waiting too long for Harold to get his act together.  Corinne and her husband waited a lifetime to be together.  Don't throw that question out there to anyone.  Let them figure things out.  It's not your business because then you throw a cloud of insecurity on someone that they're not good enough.  It was up to me to figure that Harold sucked.  Because people kept throwing out their skepticism, I was all the more determined to make it work.  Really.  Let people figure it out and stay out of it.

I like the idea of having a secret like that.  Having someone that nobody knows about.  It would make things easier without interference.  Have I wished at times that someone would have sent me flowers at work?  Yeah.  I have.  Usually when someone did, they would be obnoxious about it. I wouldn't have been.  It just would have been nice to say Hey, someone out there sees me even if you all think I'm nothing.  It's ok.  I don't need that.  I like the idea of people wondering she seems lighter and in a better mood.  I like to have people guess.  

Really, a relationship or situationship is nobody's business but their own.  Stay out of it.  I swear people were so nosy when it came to Corinne's relationship.  It pissed me off. I was happy that she had someone there for me.  She had so much stress and always looked so sad at times.  I had someone ask me did you see them kiss when her husband dropped her off in the morning.  What the absolute hell is that type of question?  Nobody he slapped her on the ass and winked at her.  How stupid.

Of course my mom might figure out something is going on if there was someone that made me smile.  It would be ok.  She'd only blab to the cat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling a bit used

Here goes the waiting game

Grey Wednesday - Or is it Tuesday?