Keep it to Myself
Years ago, when I signed up for Facebook, I signed in and saw that someone posted that her husband peed in the kitchen sink. They had a literal fight on Facebook about what he did. Kind of popcorn reading but also cringey for the couple.
It wasn't too long where I told my sister what Harold had done to me. Dumped me after my surgery. She would mention my California friend and I didn't want to admit what happened. No, I didn't think she would judge me. It wasn't her. It was so many others who said my relationship wouldn't work and they were right.
I think it's best to keep things to yourself. I finally told Corinne about how I got left at an airport almost 19 years ago by Harold. If I came back from that trip and told anyone? I would have never heard the end of it. I knew it was going to end as it was and I didn't need people to rub salt in my wounds.
So yeah, if there someone that came into my life without jewelry on their fingers, it would be nobody's business. A lot of people already had their expectations about me, Well, you know, she's quiet and a little shy. She'll have a lot of cats. Well now she's had cancer, who would want her? How sad she's alone.
I don't talk about people's lives or judge them. So if I keep things to myself? There's a good damn reason.
Comments
Post a Comment