A Rant on a Tuesday Morning
No, no rant from me. I woke up and saw an alert from an eBay buyer. I tried relisting a lot of the makeup I bought awhile back to see if I could make some extra change. I mean change, not money. I may have made less than $15? I'm not sure. The purpose was to get rid of what I had and I put a lot of it at a low price like a $1. I knew I was taking a loss for the most part but I accept it and I just wanted to see if I could get rid of anything.
I sold a mascara by e.l.f. for a $1. Actually 99 cents. What's nice about make up is that I have a ton of smaller envelopes and it's easy to package up. I know I shouldn't do this but I have put it in this mailbox near where I walk. I don't think too many thieves want mascara. Normally I take it to the post office but I knew I wasn't going to make that weekend and I mailed it.
I got a nasty message that I didn't ship it out soon enough. The message said that I paid you on February 27th and you ship it on March 3rd? I realized that Thursday to Monday wasn't that big of a deal. I think I had until Tuesday to get it out. I ignored the message. I thought this is 99 cent mascara. Let's not get stupid about it.
Last night I got a message that she said the mascara was dried up and trash. I apologized and asked her to start a return process with eBay to send me the mascara back. For the piddly amount, I thought well bad on me. I thought maybe I should go through the eye make up and toss it. It might not be good. Or try to donate it and see if it can be put to good use. I don't know. I was fine with a refund.
Well lo and behold there was a message from this person on my alerts tearing me a new one that she's not paying for a label. I should be paying her and my stuff is trash and she's just going off about how she's not paying for anything.
This is over 99 cent mascara plus 3.19 for shipping and handling. What the hell lady? This is probably some young girl and um no, I didn't let it go. I let her have it about her rude messages and that I don't appreciate getting bullied into giving her money when I myself have been taken advantage of by buyers. Oh, do I have the stories for that. I asked that she never contact me or I will report her to eBay. I said open up a return with eBay and I will work with eBay to get you your money back but I want the product back. I said never contact me again. I thought her messages were rude and hostile and there's no reason to talk to anyone like that and I've been on this platform for 26 years.
What do I think will happen? I don't think I'll get the mascara back. I'll get a complaint filed against me on eBay where I have to pay her for the crappy 99 cents and $3.19 shipping and handling.
I think I'll be looking into where I can donate some of this stuff and taking a break for awhile unless I get kicked off myself for talking back to a child.
I can't believe I got shook down for 99 cent mascara. Good grief.
Have a better day than me good humans.
Comments
Post a Comment