Shades of Betsy

My day was fine.  Could have been better, but had a couple of wins.  I thought I had two meetings and turned out to be none.  Win win.  Second one was with my old group and someone let me know it wasn't happening.  Good!

I did get a little bruised this morning.  It was a message that reminded me of my days with Betsy.  I wasn't mad at the sender.  Sad maybe that they got put in the position.  When I saw it with my eyes, I knew who's finger prints were all over them.  Unreal.  I got upset for a moment but once I addressed it, I moved on with my morning.  What a shock that the culprit has not been around the last few days. I know how these things roll.

It's something really small in the scheme of things when I saw it with my own eyes. I know what was presented.  I know how it got twisted. I know how someone like that has to be listened to and addressed because there will be further cries of unfairness.  

It's just left me with no words.  Less words that I normally use in my interactions.  Ok to insult me and make disparaging comments and whisper lies, but it's my words that get used in a negative manner.  Sigh.

Games.  I hate games.  I reminded myself that the issue wasn't around the last couple of days and just keep my head down.

I was hoping I could text bank for the congressional races but I don't think I signed up.  I looked at the barrage of emails I had from sign ups yesterday and I think most of the dates were for October.  I did text bank with Vote Riders tonight. I don't think anyone told me off yet. I haven't checked my phone in the last 20 minutes.  I'm doing what Michelle Obama told me.  I'm doing something! 

Three more days and I'll have some peace.  I was thinking maybe I should get myself out the door in the mornings like 6:30ish and get out walking.  Listen to my books, take in the nice weather and forget the freakish of my life for a week.  I can get home by late morning and if my mom wants to go somewhere, we'll go somewhere.  I am thinking she knows we can't do much about finding a new place right now. I wish we could.  This situation sucks and is scary but I'm used to the fear.  

I made it another day and that's a good thing.  And nobody cursed me out.  I haven't checked my phone.  Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling a bit used

Here goes the waiting game

Grey Wednesday - Or is it Tuesday?