A Long Long Time Ago

This is one I will delete.

When I lived alone, I got my first flat tire.  My car was in the driveway which was good. I wasn't stuck on a road. I thought I got to do something because come Monday, I need to go to work.  

I called and left a message for a family member.  I said I didn't know what to do.  I waited awhile, hoping I would get a call back. I didn't.

At the time, I found something where I could call the dealership for help.  This was over 20 years ago and they did find me a towing service that could do it.  It took some time but they arrived and changed it. I called my mom while I waited and she said I could have called roadside assistance for help through my insurance company.  I didn't know.  It just never happened to me before.  

She asked if I ever got a call back from that family member. I said no.  There was a tendency to erase messages from me.  I was left to fend on my own.

Believe it or not, I am capable of figuring things out on my own.  This is why I burst into tears when I get overwhelmed.  I know there's not anyone who will take the time for me when push comes to shove.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Here's the Weekend

Feeling a bit used

Flipping the Script